Saturday 22 March 2014

Is it finally Springtime?

Is it Finally Springtime?

It's been a while since there was such beautiful weather here at the 852. Yes, it's still rather foggy and the sky isn't as blue as I've seen it months ago. But, definitely a great start. Sunny, breezy... It sure helps with brightening up my mood and getting my head off the stressful and rather depressing week I've been through. But enough about those miserable days, it is the weekend! 

This morning I was out to study Japanese with my hilarious classmates and Sensei. 
They are very adorable people (: 
But other than that, I managed to rush to take a look at stationery at the bookstore nearby (Yes, it's all pretty much the same since I've been there multiple times...but I did find a better store, which I will introduce sometime later!). 

I did get something (it's really hard to resist to not buy anything, eh? Okay, well this time I actually needed it for work :P ) - loose leaf rings. Very old school indeed, probably not the hottest item out there. There are loads of definitions of vocabularies particularly in the science subjects during diploma, memorizing it the ancient way using flashcards works for me!

Kokuyo Card Ring (Diameter - 25mm)
But anyway, as you can see, they come from the brand Kokuyo (I am a total fan of this stationery company - absolutely incredible products, high quality, creative, eco-friendly, durable, and all!) 
Click here to check out the Kokuyo website (I hope you can read Japanese because it would really help....). 



Anddd yes. That does come with a price. Compared to other brands, it is indeed a few dollars more expensive. I've bought these rings from other companies (ehem. WARRIOR Loose Leaf Rings 1 ") at Popular Bookstore once and they were horrible. I couldn't even open them up, or if I did, I couldn't close them. So now, I have this box of rings, that just sits on my desk, unable to help me by doing their job. I mean, don't these companies do QC? There were like 10 in that box, and 7 of them I couldn't open. So not worth the money. That's why I decided to pay a little more to get products from a trustworthy company. YOU GO KOKUYO!

Just sidetracking for a bit, Food. Well, candy in this case. I got myself some grape-flavoured Mentos, something I haven't thought of having since forever until this week after a competition I participated in in the past week and because my Badminton coach also gave me some chewy candy during training LOL. I know, very random. I didn't realize how much I've missed having chewy candy. But now, I am satisfied :D





Do excuse my photo editing skills, I'm working on it! See you soon!

E.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment