Saturday 29 March 2014

A New Discovery.

It is definitely springtime.

It was just this time last week when I was complimenting the weather and everything, but it seems like spring has brought along her playful friends - rain and storm. 

It's been rather gloomy here in the 852 for quite a few days, so have I. I have stayed home sick for two days (ugh, virus finally caught me unarmed), so all I have done for the past two days was sleep, eat and sleep, and eat, and...you get the point.

Well, to lighten my gloomy weekend with plenty of homework and lab reports and presentations to work on, I sneaked in some time just to check out some more beautiful stationery to add on to my collection at Miramar Mall in TST - the newly discovered stationery paradise.

QIPS


I found QIPS last night via the wise and wonderful internet (yes, I did a little research last night on local stationery, I must thank Scription for that - I'll talk about this guy later). I have to say I was really impressed with their interesting and incredible collection of stationery! I fell in love with the place immediately! I wish I could have taken some photos and shared it with all of you! Scription included a large variety of stationery, from washi tape (WIDE variety of BEAUTIFUL patterns and colours, which I usually cannot find in ordinary stationary stores) and stickers (and I mean crafty ones!) to beautiful paper, fountain pens, clips. QIPS was a fusion of modern and vintage. I cannot describe how much I love the place (except the price tags), it was a step closer to paradise.

Well, at last, I couldn't help but bought two products (meaning no more buying next week to make up for that hole in my wallet. Sad, I know). A sticky to-do list and film pocket sticker.


1. Sticky to-do list.


I have bought MUJI's to-do checklist before, which I do fancy (good paper thickness and smoothness, easy to write on), although it was slightly too dull for me (I usually like minimalistic designs, but it just seemed like the design was missing something that could highlight it!). However, the major drawback was NOT STICKY. It was not in the form of a sticky note. There was no adhesive tab on the back, and THAT, that made it so much more difficult to use, especially for someone like me who likes to stick things into their schedule book!

Then I saw this cute checklist that WAS STICKY there and I just had to bring it home. so here it is! teehee. but boohoo for my wallet.


2. Film Pocket Sticker.

Now this wasn't exactly what I wanted to get, but it could still do the job I want it to do. At first, I wanted to an adhesive pocket to slip in some cut-out Chronodexes. I saw this and I thought that was exactly what I was finding, but it turned out to be an adhesive pocket to be stuck on photos album when you want to place a name card or anything like that and not wanting to stick it. Luckily, it still works for me.


MUJI



The next stop, I arrived at MUJI on the 3/F of Miramar Mall (QIPS is on the 2/F). I got myself a new monthly schedule book and a bill-checking book, both $10 each - reasonable price with fair quality. 






And that sums up my trip today!

Stayed tuned for my newly discovered scheduling method!

E.L.


No comments:

Post a Comment