Saturday 29 March 2014

Extra Updates: Schedule Book Makeover - Chronodex

Hi fellow scheduling addicts!

As I have mentioned earlier in the previous post, I have done some surfing on the internet looking for stationery shops in Hong Kong. I ended up looking up one of the judge's of Hong Kong's International Stationery Award, Mr Patrick Ng's blog - Scription. He is a buyer for stationary in the Log-on store in Hong Kong (Log-on stores are high-end stores that are part of the high-end supermarket CitySuper. They also have a large variety of Japanese Stationery, but usually at more costly price than other stores). He talks a lot about the traveler's notebook, which is a great choice for using as an schedule book - other than its price. I personally prefer my own because I am basically just reusing what I have at home, and that I personally prefer to use cotton/nylon/polyester mixed fabric covers than leather. I also found out about QIPS from his blog, which focuses a lot on vintage-like stationery, which looks absolutely stunning, so please do check out his blog if you want to know more!



Picture from Scription, by Patrick Ng
Anyways, back to topic, Patrick invented or modified (I'm not quite sure) a method for managing time on a daily basis on any notebook - the chronodex. Yes, that is what I have been talking about in the last post. Basically, what you do is you take the template from Scription, download it and print it out. You could directly use the template or if you're like me, who already has a plain notebook waiting to be filled up, print it and cut it out, then stick it on to your notebook. Then, according to the time scale, shade in areas with different colours and add descriptions or of what you are to be doing during that time!

Using this instead of other daily schedules that only give you a column with indicate of time, this provides you a larger area to scribble and write on, as well as giving you a better sense of time as the shape of the chronodex is designed to look similar to an analog clock. Adding a little twitch of vintage, isn't that nice?

I have just started my very first one today, which turned out pretty well. (Well, I think it did.) Here's mine!





 Although spiraldex is a more simplified version, I prefer the chronodex simply because I thought it looked better than the spiraldex :P (This is just a personal opinion, and yes I do know it is quite shallow of me, but don't judge!). Of course, it is entirely up to you which one you decide to go for, but you should try both of them out before you decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment