Monday 14 April 2014

Double Closure!

Yes, I did mean the psychological meaning of closure.

Why? Let me hang you on for a little while (mysterious music). 

Haha, well this week marks a very special moment and accomplishments of my life as a high school student. It has been a phenomenal week (sorry I'm a bit repetitive). If you want to know more about it, please check it out on my Thoughts page and I will insert a link there. :)

Back to stationery talk, I have once again lightened the weight of my piggy bank on stationery (happy but sad in a way) at the stationery paradise - TST.

As I mentioned in previous posts, Miramar Centre is a stationery addicts' dream come true (Harbour city as well which I definitely have to check out this easter holiday! - Oh yes. Easter holidays have just begun MUAHAHA).

Yesterday, I went around to Miramar Centre to find closure. 
Regarding closure, I must talk about something that I bought last summer in Japan's incredible Tokyu Hands - my all time favourite handcraft department store (It is a MUST-GO department store for all stationery addicts around the world!).

That summer, I bought an A4 sized smart fit carrying pouch, designed by LIHIT LAB for my 13'' laptop, which I have to say is incredible useful with all the compartment it has! Check it out on the website. However, I did not realize that the shoulder strap was sold separately (I know, such a ripoff). I tried to find straps at home to use but they were just too uncomfortable to use or could not possibly handle the weight of the laptop.

I have been so annoyed by this for over a years time, blaming myself that I didn't look carefully enough to make sure I also bought the shoulder strap. It was just so much more convenient if I had the shoulder-strap with me so I can simply wear it as a shoulder bag to school. 


Shoulder Strap YAYAYAYAY.
Well? Guess what. 2 weeks ago, I found that at Miramar Centre's Commercial Press Stationery section, they also began selling LIHIT LAB's pouches. Without delay, I rushed to the staff and asked her whether they had the strap as well, but unfortunately it went out of stock (seems like there were either plenty of people that were like me, or that the lihit lab pouches were just selling well). So, 2 weeks after, I went straight to Commercial Press and purchased the shoulder strap. When I returned home, I immediately tried it on and OMG. IT WAS JUST PERFECT!!! Check this out!


The golden pair.
Come on. This is something to celebrate about! Here are some photos! (Please excuse the fact that I am wearing my PJs)

Cross Shoulder Style

One side strap style

What I have been doing for the past year - strapless.
YES. CLOSURE #1

Closure #2:
I've mentioned that I wanted something like a card holder on my organizer to write down my name and address and phone number just in case I lose my organizer. Well, guess what. I found it! Stupid me it was at QIPS all the time, but I just didn't find it! Well tada!!


The drawbacks on this card holder is that it does not have the post-it notes quality. Once you stick it on, it's going to be there forever. It was not designed to be reused and stuck elsewhere once you have stuck on to something - which is kind of stupid.. no offense.

It says in Japanese that you cannot forcefully remove it and
only stick it on if you are sure you want to
stick the card holder in that particular position!


Well, that sums up my weekend stationery scavenger hunt! Follow me if you're interested on some more updates on my choices of stationery!

No comments:

Post a Comment